Creating Marketing Personas – Training resources and references:
Marketing personas (also known as buyer personas) are representations of your ideal customers. The persona is guide with graphic representation and a given name that defines customer challenges, demographics, situational triggers, goals, key product content needs, information resources trusted, and more. Personas are created after researching your ideal client and should be use in ongoing marketing and idea testing. They help you ask much better questions. Create marketing personas and your team will be able to start the process of reaching out to potential buyers and users. Your content strategies should be created around your target customer.
Tips on Creating Marketing Personas
You can also research competitors (example – magazines media kits (example). Do a search for media kits in your industry.
Creating Marketing Personas – Homework
- Read Marketing Personas: The Complete Beginners Guide for a more of an understanding of marketing personas.
- Create a Microsoft Document (Name = Marketing persona – your name)
- Define the Concept Marketing Persona.
- Do a Google Research Soloprenuer – Docment your findings. You will use this information to create a marketing persona below.
- Create a “Marketing Persona” based upon your soloprenuer research in any business you choose – this will be fictional.
- Perform a Google image search for “marketing persona” and create a marketing persona for your target
- Select a customer that is your ideal target (this is a real potential client, vendor, volunteer, partner, etc.). Look at your database, ask your coworkers, and brainstorm.
- Choose a persona format from image search results or mix and match of images to find a format that suits you – Google image search for “marketing persona” (Ensure you list all source URLs used to create marketing personas – required)
- Make sure to include a brief statement as to why you chose your target.
- Must include customer problems, situational triggers, and goals that relate to customer’s need of service.
- Submit to Homework@theultimateprofessional.com
Last Updated 04/06/16