WordPress plugins allow you to extend and add features to WordPress. WordPress is light and can be installed in minutes and is ready to use right way. You can in stall WordPress plugins like “Contact Form 7” and WordPress will allow you to easily create forms your visitor can fill in and send via your blog. Some plugins are free, some have monthly fees, and one time fees. Some plugins allow you to customize and tailor functions to your needs.
There are three ways to install a plugin.
- Search feature (We will cover this method in the WordPress Introduction Course)
- Upload feature
Installing a plugin using the search feature
Step 1 – Dashboard …Plugin.. Click on Add New
Step 2 – Search for Plugin
Step 3 – Review Plugin information – Click More Details
Step 4 – Click – Install Now
Step 5 – Ensure plugin was successfully loaded
Step 6 – Activate plugin
Step 7 – Refer to plugin documentation for configuration information. Each plugin has it own functionality and configurations settings
Plugin | Meta Slider
Version 3.3.6 | By Matcha Labs | Meta Slider
Meta Slider plugin is an easy to use slideshow plugin. Create SEO optimized responsive slideshows.
- Free and Paid Version
- Your slideshows will adapt (responsive)
- Ddvanced customization options
- Intuitive interface
- Will create shortcode you can insert anywhere in your site.
Plugin | Q2W3 Fixed Widget
Version 4.0.6 | By Max Bond | Q2W3 Fixed Widget
Q2W3 Fixed Widget plugin fixes positioning of the selected widgets, when the page is scrolled down.
- Select which widget to set as fixed
- Define the top and the bottom margins
- Establish exact position in the sidebar
- Get more clicks,subscribers, social media attention, on one of your ads
Plugin | Social Share Buttons by Supsystic
Version 1.5.9 | By supsystic.com | Social Share Buttons by Supsystic
- Free and Paid Version
- Social Share Buttons
- Increase social traffic and popularity.
- Social sharing to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
- Mobile visibility option
- Easy to set up and works fine
Plugin | WP Insert Code
Version 1.0 | By AntonAKH | WP Insert Code
- Insert your code and scripts to your WordPress website
- Inserts code into the header, body or footer
Plugin | Contact Form 7 (Plugin Homepage)
Version 4.3.1 | By Takayuki Miyoshi | Contact Form 7 (wordpress.org’s page for contact form 7)
- Simple and flexible contact form
- Easy to use once you understand configuration
- WordPress is slow in sending the results via email
- Comprehensible documentation
- Google captcha integration
- Good Contact form 7 support information and FAQs (it is recommended to review FAQs if available before choosing a plugin